This quick step guide will show you how to clean up your machine disk space.
- Empty the Recycle Bin by Right-clicking on the Recycle Bin icon and selecting “Empty Recycle Bin”.
2. Delete Unnecessary Files: Go through your documents, downloads, and other folders to delete unnecessary files.
3. Uninstall Unused Applications: Open the Control Panel, click on “Uninstall a program”, and uninstall any applications you no longer use.
4. Use Disk Cleanup: Windows has a built-in tool called Disk Cleanup. You can find it by searching for “Disk Cleanup” in the Start menu. It can remove temporary files, system files, and more.
5. Clear Browser Cache: In your web browser’s settings, find the option to clear the cache and cookies.
6. Delete Duplicate Files: if you have files in multiple locations try and keep them in the cloud and not on your device to reduce space being taken up and stop duplicate work.
7. Check for Large Files: Files such as photos or files containing a lot of images or links can be bloated. Please check to see if there are lower-quality versions to use that can reduce space by 16x!
Remember to always double-check before deleting files, as some may be necessary for certain applications to run correctly.