We are thrilled to announce that we have been awarded a Certificate of Assurance by Cyber Essentials Plus.
The esteemed accreditation is the next level up from Cyber Essentials and signifies the organisation’s commitment to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of cyber security measures to protect against ever-evolving online threats.
Cyber Essentials Plus is a prestigious accreditation, held only by just over 9,000 UK businesses, given there are over 5.5 million businesses in the UK, that’s no mean feat!
Our founder, Simon Pardo, says “This monumental achievement is down to the team’s hard work and tenacity to ensure every aspect of our business is secure. Following the guidelines set out by the government’s scheme, we’re able to demonstrate our commitment and knowledge to online security for businesses.”
Going through the certification process is an ardent process for a team, and certainly makes businesses aware of any gaps in their security as well as being held accountable for their online security strategy.
Having gone through the process, Computer Care have proven their ability to ensure the right systems and procedures are in place to help other businesses achieve certification through best-practice security.
There are many benefits of becoming Cyber Essentials Plus accredited, including, but not limited to;
1. Cybersecurity Assurance – Certification provides a level of assurance to clients, partners, and stakeholders that your organisation takes cybersecurity seriously.
2. Risk Mitigation – The process can identify and address vulnerabilities within your organisation.
This includes securing systems against malware, implementing access controls, and ensuring that software is up to date.
3. Competitive Advantage – Many businesses, especially those in sectors dealing with sensitive information, prefer to work with certified partners. Having Cyber Essentials Plus certification can give your business a competitive edge when bidding for contracts or partnerships, particularly by those prioritising security.
4. Customer Trust – Certification can enhance customer trust by showcasing your dedication to securing data and demonstrates are ability to do our job, well.
5. Legal and Regulatory Compliance – Certification can assist organisations in meeting legal and regulatory requirements related to data protection and cybersecurity, particularly when it comes to cyber security insurance.
6. Cyber Insurance Benefits – Many insurance providers have strict requirements and may offer more favourable terms and rates to organisations that have achieved Cyber Essentials Plus certification. This is because certified organisations are seen as having a lower risk of falling victim to cyberattacks.
7. Supplier Chain Confidence – Being Cyber Essentials Plus certified can provide confidence to your suppliers and partners about the security of the information they share with your business. This can be particularly important in industries where the supply chain involves the exchange of sensitive data.
8. Prevention of Common Cyber Threats – The Cyber Essentials Plus framework focuses on addressing common cyber threats, such as malware, phishing, and unauthorised access. By implementing the recommended controls, organisations can reduce the likelihood of falling victim to these types of threats.
9. Demonstrable Commitment to Security – Certification serves as tangible evidence of an organisation’s commitment to maintaining a robust cybersecurity infrastructure. It showcases that cybersecurity is a priority, not just internally but also to external stakeholders.
However, with so many benefits to becoming Cyber Essentials Plus certified, it’s worth nothing this isn’t a one-time achievement. Cyber security is an ongoing process as threats are ever evolving and businesses need to work hard to ensure they stay secure and continually evaluate their security strategy, as a result, Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certification needs to be renewed every 12 months.
Meet the team behind the success and find out more about us.